Friday, June 13, 2008

Salt Lake and no wireless i-net access.....

We are now in Salt Lake and have been since Tuesday evening. The weather has been on the cool side - it snowed on the mountains on Wednesday night. Snowbird is also still open for skiing too - although I will not be visiting there to ski this time - HA! I have been to a couple scrapbook stores and bought just a few things - they are just way to overwhelming for my brain I think. I found out the other night at dinner with Joe's cousins that the owner of Cuttlebug is a neighbor of there's - that is like kind of cool. I told him to get us a tour of their warehouse...hee-hee!

We went for a drive through the city yesterday. We went to the Hard Rock here - I have been there prior to this visit but it was fun to see all the memorabilia and lots of Osmond stuff - Donny & Marie! We drove up to the U of Utah and saw the Olympic torch and then drove to the cemetary where his family is buried. There are beautiful places to look at the city from there. We ended up at The Gateway which is an open air mall that was built prior to the Olympics. They have an awesome fountain that kids can play in and Angelo was good the entire walk through the mall so we let him play in the fountain for as long as he wanted. There was a jazz group playing in the grass nearby too so it was relaxing. I had to walk to Old Navy to get some more clothes for him since we had no brain cells and didn't bring extra clothes. The Old Navy had some amazing clearance and sales going on but I was pretty grounded and only bought 3 pairs of shorts for him and two shirts. YiKEs!

I tried to give a half of a hamburger and some french fries to a street person by the Hard Rock yesterday who was hanging at the exit site with a sign that said he was hungry - He told me (exact wording) "I have no teeth and I am a vegetarian - I can't chew" (he was missing his front two teeth), I suppose he is on one of those "liquid diets" of cheap wine! I just turned and walked away! Joe had warned me that he wouldn't want it and he was right, he didn't!

Anyway, that is our adventure so far....not to much excitement!

5 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Glad to see the words, "it was relaxing" Keep it up!

1funmommy said...

Sounds relaxing and fun. Maybe we should visit there sometime. Mormon Town scares me though. When will you be home?

Grey Rooster said...

Stay away from the freakshow down town on the streets, I have seen lots of strange things go down in Salt lake, When my truck was in the shop and I was at the hotel, lots of street girls would walk by my window and lots of scams, that guy could of tried to rob you so beware of the freakshow downtown..

Kristi O said...

sounds like a lot of fun! I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Sounds like you have been to some really fun places. I am glad !!! Miss ya!

MrsD said...

:(