Monday, June 9, 2008

Boise....

We have been in Boise since Saturday evening. One of the main reasons for coming to Boise and staying was for Angelo to get to see his best friend who moved away over a year ago. It was a surprise for Ang. We had made plans to surprise him, it was great and the surprise worked. We had told him we were going to a friends home and he had better be on his best behavior (okay...so you may call it a threat)...anyhow, we pull up, get out and go to the door and as Joe knocks on the door his little friend opens the door and the first thing out of Angelo's mouth was "S what are you doing here?" He said that twice, the reply from his his friend was "It's Boise, I live here" and then they took off together and played their hearts out, Angelo spent the night and we hooked up with them Sunday at about noon and went to a great hamburger place - The Ram! It was great burger - better than Red Robin in my eyes! They even make their own beer there but I am not a beer kind of gal so I couldn't tell you if it was good or not! Anyhow, I got some great pictures of Angelo and S to scrapbook!

We then hit Crafters Warehouse, which amazingly, was practically in the same parking lot as The Ram. I only bought a couple of things because I am just not sure what I am going to find down the road so I don't want to spend a bunch of moolah there and then see something I really want later. The next thing on the agenda was to find some gasoline...yep, most of the gas stations down here were already at 4.05 or 4.07, we did manage to find a spot that was 3.95 but they are few and far between. Thank God we brought the CRV as is a tad bit better than the van - though we are pretty tight in it!

The most wonderful thing happened after we stopped for Gas...we were driving on Franklin Road (I believe) and we see a store called Archivers....oh my....we pulled in at 5:50 and they closed at 6:00 so we are definitely going back today! Amazing that is all I am going to say at this point! It was overwhelming, everything one could imagine for scrapbooking and card making! The workers were so nice too!

After that experience we decided to go to downtown Boise and see what was happening down there....there are some cute little areas down there to shop and hang out! We went down a cute little street with Edwards theater on it and we saw a Maggie Moo's ice creamery - we found a parking spot nearby and tried it out. I am certain that my choice was the best, it was chocolate better than batter...it was like eating chocolate cake batter, I had a mix in of coconut and it was fine! I am glad I had a small because it was so rich! We sat outside on the sidewalk and we had two visitors, they were ducks....they came right up to us - little moochers is what they were! They didn't hang around there to long after they found we had nothing to treat there little bills to. They took off across the street to P.F. Changs as they have an open air covered patio that people were sitting in and we watched them mooch over there. It was so relaxing. OHH....there were Jayme bikes all over it seemed - I saw a black one with flames on it, robin egg blue with a bell, pink with a lime green bell, WOW - you are so hip girl! I wanted to click some pics but I didn't!

We drove out to the outlet malls because I have always wanted to actually see what stores were there. Nothing to exciting - Big Dogs is closing so we may go back today since it was closed when we were out there.

We then drove by the motel we stayed at the first night we had got Angelo - sentimental for me! I can replay the entire scenario that day in my head, the morning at work, crying as I told my boss we were going to pick up our baby boy, leaving early to get to Boise, arriving at the motel, seeing familiar faces, being left in a room with a our little man for the first time, feeding him a bottle, putting him down for the night....awesome memories!

Well, today is a bright new day and it is definitely off to Archivers this a.m. and then wherever the road may lead. I am not sure if we will stay here another night or hit the road and head closer to Salt Lake.

Most importantly....I expect to be reading some new blog entries soooooooooooonnnn! Come on people you need to update your blogs if you haven't and by the way, those taggy blogs don't count for recent entries! You know who you are!

8 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I'm proud of you, sounds like you are relaxing.

1funmommy said...

You can't be talking about me! Sounds like you are having a good time. Wish I was with ya! Can't wait for you to get back!

MrsD said...

Hi! I wish Boise wasn't so far away. We stopped in Boise for the night (our last night one the road) when we brought Khloe home. We took the first exit and there was chain hotel and it was all decorated like a mountain lodge and the rooms were the same way. That had to be my favorite hotel of the whole trip.

Now I want to go and shop. We should go sometime on a long weekend.

1funmommy said...

I agree with Mrs D. I wanna go shop!

Grey Rooster said...

okay I will update my blog, you know you are the only one who reads it, I think my wife does too.... and okay I watch miss k while you all go shoppin but thats it a limit of 10 bucks... lol

MrsD said...

Auntie B-Want to be freaked out? Go read J's The devil is ridin 2nd seat.

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Where are you???

The Hussy Housewife said...

Fun!! Hope you enjoy yourself and get out of your funk. Actually, I think you gave your funk to me..I am gloomy.

Did you buy a bike yet???? We need to go riding dirty!